TeamWave for Digital Unix?

From: Andrew Leahy <A.Leahy_at_st.nepean.uws.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 17:42:30 +1000 (EST)

Dear Alpha_OSF_Managers,

I'm trying to find some 'teamware' or 'groupware' type products that will
work across Mac, PC and Unix (in our case Digital Unix). The closest I've
come is this product "TeamWave" from http://www.teamwave.com/ They have
Unix versions for Solaris, AIX, HP and Linux but no DEC version. I'm not
sure what sort of access they'd need to build the product (it uses Tk/Tcl
and should be fairly easy to port)... does anyone feel like loaning them an
account on a DEC Unix machine? I'd do it but I think the network
connection may just be little to far for X sessions to run effectively! I
think they're located Alberta, Canada.

On another point - there have been other software companies of which I've
asked "do you have a Digital Unix version?", they usually tell me they
don't get many requests... and/or they haven't got access to a machine. Is
there some sort of scheme where Digital can loan them a machine for a few
months? A few years back we had to loan a machine to a company in Sydney
to do the Alpha port of a fax server (http://www.osiris.com.au/ and we got
a good price on the finished product!)

"other companies" include http://www.mpegtv.com/ which make MPEG audio and
video players/plugins for Unix, no DEC ports but lots of other Unixes are
supported!

Andrew "Alf" Leahy, phone: 02 47 360622
Unix Systems Administrator, mailto:alf_at_st.nepean.uws.edu.au
School of Computing & IT, UWS Nepean http://www.st.nepean.uws.edu.au/~alf/