Adding a new disk to an existing volume.

From: Brian Hostetter <brianh_at_netins.net>
Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 15:32:06 -0500

Hello,

I have a Volume of 5 2G drives that I am trying to add another disk to. I
have added the volume using voldiskadd and can see it when I do a
volprint:

TYPE NAME ASSOC KSTATE LENGTH COMMENT
dg rootdg rootdg - -
dm rz10 rz10 - 4196480
dm rz11 rz11 - 4196480
dm rz12 rz12 - 4196480
dm rz2 rz2 - 4196480
dm rz3 rz3 - 4193264
dm rz8 rz8 - 8387275
sd rz10-01 news2-01 - 4196480
sd rz11-01 news2-01 - 4196480
sd rz12-01 news2-01 - 4196480
sd rz2-01 news2-01 - 4196480
sd rz3-01 news2-01 - 4193264
sd rz8-01 news2-01 - 8387275 <-- New vol
plex news2-01 news2 ENABLED 29366459
vol news2 fsgen ENABLED 29366459

When I do a df I still see the partition as the same size. I tried doing
a volume growby but that did not change the end size of the volume. I
know there is nothing going on with that disk, becase running monitor
shows 0 activity on the incoming news spool (all the other disks have
activity.)

Thanks,
Brian

--