Mass-adding user accounts under Enhanced Security

From: Jane Kramer <Jane.Kramer_at_oberlin.edu>
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 16:09:29 -0400

Hello,

We're configuring a new system here, running Digital UNIX 4.0D with
Enhanced Security. I want to write a script or program to mass-add
accounts (we have an influx of new students every Fall), invoking
useradd. As far as I can tell, useradd is the best utility for doing
this.

Has anyone done this, *and* been able to set pre-determined passwords
(all of which are different) for the accounts via the script?

Thanks.

        Jane Kramer
Jane Kramer
Computer Systems Manager, Oberlin College
Jane.Kramer_at_oberlin.edu
440-775-6929