Change and Configuration Management

From: Belcher, Paul A <Paul.Belcher_at_capgemini.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 09:52:28 +0100

Hi all,

I have a requirement for an automated solution to Change and
Configuration management. In fact I have been nominated to find one.. if
it exists, which so far I very much doubt.

To try and clarify what I mean, I need a solution that will (for want of
a better word) track changes and version of system resource and
configuration files.
To draw a comparison, Intersolv's PVCS products perform this sort of
role for development source code, what we need is a product/solution for
Digital UNIX system files (not source code).
Like I said, I do not think such a product exists, but was just hoping
that someone else out there knows different.

Please mail me if you have any suggestions or comments, even home grown
solutions would be welcome.

regards

Paul A Belcher
Telephone: +44 171 917 4512
E-mail: paul.belcher_at_capgemini.co.uk

Consultant, Digital UNIX
Cap Gemini UK

All comments or opinions expressed are entirely my own
and do NOT represent in any way, Cap Gemini UK or Worldwide.