SUMMARY - *UPDATE* Regarding DEC Memory File System

From: Emanuel Salazar <Emanuel.Salazar_at_mci.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 08:30 -0600 (MDT)

I am writing to provide a *UPDATE* SUMMARY of the responses to my
request for help. My special thanks to the following people who
responded after I posted my initial SUMMARY: Dirk Grunwald, Randall R.
Cable, Miguel Fliguer

A major concern would be the possibility of a power failure (or
another catastrophic event such as a panic, crash & burn, etc.). Check
out: http://www.storage.digital.com/swrks/guide/pg_ssd.htm
Additionally, You can find an example of MFS usage when you boot the
DU installation CD-Rom and choose "UNIX shell". All the writable stuff
ends on a MFS.

You can also do a 'man mfs' for information on how to do this manually.

emanuel.salazar_at_mci.com
719-535-1292/VNet 622-1292