Swap for 4100 with DU4.0b

From: <DINMAN_at_aladdin-asi.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 15:04:19 -0500

Howdy from Nashville TN

After many delays we are doing massive upgrades to our 4100 box running
DU4.0b.

We are converting our file systems to ADVFS and going from 1gigRAM to
3gigRAM and going from 10 4gig disks to 18 9gig disks. We will be running
multiple 1gig+ PROGRESS databases.

Question:
How much swap space would be appropriate for our situation?

Summaries for previous submissions and this one will be posted on June8-9
after completion of the upgrades this weekend.

Thanks for your help.

Dale Inman
Unix Systems Admin
Aladdin Industries