how do I get a list of pathworks users?

From: Simon Greaves <greaves_s_at_usp.ac.fj>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 1998 15:04:57 +1200

We have a couple of alphas running Open VMS (GACK) and a couple running
DU4.0[bd] and loads of client PC's running Win95. The alphas all run ASE
and clients run pathworks.

One of the alphas is configured as a PDC and the VMS hosts are using
external authentication via it.

What I'd like to know is how do I get a list of the users registered in
the domain. The 'net users' command should do it (I think), but it
doesn't, instead I get:

        % net users
        Abort (core dumped)
        % net version
        Advanced Server V4.0 ECO1 for DIGITAL UNIX

Hmmm... not very useful.

Issuing the same command on the PDC I get a list of users, but it is
incomplete, iot terminates with the error message:

        NET3513: More data is available than can be returned by
        Advanced Server for UNIX Systems.
        # net version
        Advanced Server for UNIX Systems Version 3.51
        UNIX System Server

Using the win95 tool doesn't produce an error, and also lists the users
real name alongside their username.

Ideally I want to be able to get a list of all the usernames the PDC
knows about and their real names too so I can use this in scripts on the
DU hosts. I thought about hacking around with samba source, but thought
I'd ask here first in case I was missing something blindingly obvious.

Thanks,

Simon
-----
Simon Greaves voice: (+679) 212114
Computer Centre fax: (+679) 304089
The University of the South Pacific email: greaves_s_at_usp.ac.fj
Suva, Fiji