From: Duncan Webbe <dwebbe_at_davidjones.com.au>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 12:25:44 +1000 (EST)

Original question below.

Thankyou to Erik Piip, Tom Webster, John H. Warren, Dr. Alan Rollow, Paul
Yahnig and William H. Magill for their helpful responses.

I gained a variety of resolutions to my problem; the one which did the
trick for my specific situation was to stop and restart the NSR daemons,
then re-inventory the jukebox. I did this using
/sbin/init.d/nsrd stop
/sbin/init.d/nsrd start
nsrjb -I -j TL891 -S 1-10

Other responses are as follows:

- Run nsrjb -H to reset the jukebox h/w and the NSR database representing
  the jukebox to a consistent state.
- Powercycle the jukebox and then run nsrjb -H followed by an inventory
  (nsrjb -I).
- Stop any running NSR groups.
- Ensure the firmware for the drive has been upgraded to the latest
  release due to a known problem with NSR 4.4 & CAM 3.1C which results in
  such device busy errors.

Original question:

> > Every time I try to do an inventory of our TL891 mini-library with nsrjb
> > or try to label the tape in slot 5, I get the error
> >
> > nsrjb: error, read open error, Device busy
> >
> > Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

Duncan Webbe

Unix Systems Administrator
David Jones Ltd.

0411 040 795 (Mobile)