Getting NFS to work...

From: Robert A. Hayden <rhayden_at_means.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 13:31:28 -0500 (CDT)

I had NFS working with the host being a Redhat 4.2 Linux box and the
client being an OSF 4.0D Alpha clone. However, when I moved my files from
the linux box to an Alpha Server 400 (running 4.0B), I get the following:

bash2.01# /sbin/mount -t nfs vulcan.means.net:/installs /mnt
NFS Portmap: RPC: Program not registered
NFS Portmap: RPC: Program not registered
NFS Portmap: RPC: Program not registered
[...]

It basicly repeats the "not registered" error until I get bored and ^C it
away. I'm going on the assumption that there's a bunch of RPC stuff that
I need to run, but I am not really sure what I'm looking at.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :-)

Robert Hayden rhayden_at_means.net UIN: 3937211
IP Network Administrator http://rhayden.means.net
MEANS Telcom (612) 230-4416