Help with Permissions

From: <dthun_at_dwp.ci.la.ca.us>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 08:21:09 -0700

I have user A and user B, B cannot write to A directory. B has a script
with the SUID bit on and the following file permissions
rws r-x r-x, the owner of the script is A. The script has a touch command
to create a file in user A directory that fails with a create permisson
error when B runs the script. With SUID bit on I assumed that the script
would run with ownership authorization of A.
Why does this fail?

thanks
Dennis