SCSI devices renumbered

From: Bryan Dunlap <bcd_at_campbell.mps.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 15:16:53 -0400 (EDT)

I have an Alphaserver 2100 with 2 5/250 CPUs, running 3.2G. It has 2
PCI SCSI controllers, and we are trying to add an IntraServer
ITI-4280UE (2 Ultra SCSI and 1 ethernet). When I build a kernel with
the IntraServer driver installed, my SCSI drives on the PCI
controllers get renumbered (one controller gets new numbers, the other
disappears). With the old kernel, I don't see the new controller but
all the existing disks are ok.

Can anyone explain the renumbering so that I can find my missing disks
under the new kernel, and hence use the shiny new controller?

Bryan Dunlap, OSU Physics Dept.
bcd_at_mps.ohio-state.edu 614/292-3402
174 W. 18th Ave. Columbus OH 43210