Comsat processes

From: Steve Timm <timm_at_strange.phy.albany.edu>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 21:39:11 -0400 (EDT)

Hi--I am having a problem which I have seen mentioned in the archives
several times and in fact have posted to this list before, but not
gotten a satisfactory answer.

We are running DU4.0c and using the dtsession window manager.
It seems that whomever is logged into the console of the machine
gets a "comsat" process created for every dtterm that he has going
at the time, for each E-mail that is received.

Many people have said this is connected to "biff" but I have turned
"biff" off and the process still keep coming...a disaster if one
is subscribed to a list like this.

Does anyone know how to stop this problem so it won't happen further?

Steve Timm