PPP _at_ 56K?

From: Steve Timm <timm_at_strange.phy.albany.edu>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 21:05:04 -0400 (EDT)

I am considering setting up an Alphastation 200 4/100 with
an external 56K modem to set up a dial-in PPP line. I just want
to make sure that the Alphastation's serial port can handle that
baud rate. The hardware manual says that the port can go this
fast under certain operating systems... The man pages do too.

I just wonder if anyone has ever actually done it at 56K, and
what are the pitfalls to look out for, also where the appropriate
software can be found to set it up.

Steve Timm