Back from the future...

From: <Eskil.Swahn_at_ldc.lu.se>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 1998 12:44:20 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi!

I have a Alpha server currently running 4.0B with the date set to late
January 1999 (we have been doing some database tests with the upcoming
new year). However those tests came out positive and we can use our
current setup for another year. Now I want to bring the machine back to
normal time and I'm just wondering if anyone has already done this.
Potential problems I can see are system-critical files with modifications
in the future. I am planning to upgrade to 4.0D at the same time. Will
that fix problems or make more problems? Is it possible to use 'find' to
find and touch all files with modification dates in the future? It doesn't
complain when I try to use '-3' for example but I don't really get what I
expect but I haven't been able to try this on a system that really has
files modified in the future..

/Eskil

| Eskil Swahn |
| Eskil.Swahn_at_LDC.lu.se tfn +46 46 222 4986 |
| |
| |