Modem Security

From: DP_MGR <jdbrown_at_mail.inreach.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 09:06:20 -0700

We have some vendors that are unable to use our Remote Access Server. We allow these vendors to call our Dec Alpha 2100s & 1000s directly with modems attached to our COM ports.

Other than renaming the file that contains the modem configuration, is there an elegant way to "down" and "up" the modems. Moreover, it would be nice to automatically down the modem when the vendor signs off.

Thanks in advance for your help.

(I can only hope you can modulate and demodulate this problem)