kernel memory fault

From: Duncan Webbe <dwebbe_at_davidjones.com.au>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 04:10:14 +1000 (EST)

Dear group

One of our 8400s running DU 4.0D has crashed twice tonight. On both
occassions the crashes occurred within minutes of the system being
subjected to load (nothing it's not used to). The only useful info. I've
managed to glean so far is this message in the kern.log file:

panic (cpu3): kernel memory fault # from the first crash
panic (cpu0): kernel memory fault # from the second crash

Is this error blatantly indicative of corrupt memory or is it more subtle
than that ?

Thanking you for any help

Duncan Webbe

Unix Systems Administrator