CSLG Licensing and "clone" Alpha system

From: Jon Eidson <eidson_at_unix4.is.tcu.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 10:44:06 -0500 (CDT)

Has anyone heard of any rumors from DEC (aka Compaq) about not
allowing CSLG use on the clone alpha du systems? I'm looking at
replacing several workstations with some Aspen Systems DU computers
and utilizing the CSLG for unlimited multi user as well as all
the layered products. My VMS guys are warning me that they've
heard some rumors about future CSLG not being allowed on VMS clone
machines.

Has anyone heard of such or have any insites?

Thanks, Jon.

Jon Eidson (J.Eidson_at_tcu.edu) Information Services
Senior Systems Programmer Texas Christian University
(817) 257-6835 Fort Worth, Texas 76129
All my live I wanted to be somebody ...
                       I realize now I should have been more specific!