Filtering a pring job destined for remote printer

From: H. Blakely Williford <blakew_at_fullerbrush.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 16:07:01 -0500

Hello digital unix world!

I have a case where I need to do local filtering on a print job where the
printer is on a remote printer. Here is the term cap for the remote queue...

lp|lp0|0|vms_print:\
        :lf=/usr/adm/lperr:\
        :lp=:\
        :mx#0:\
        :rm=mrp:\
        :rp=VMS_PRINTER:\
        :sd=/usr/spool/lpd:

now I have *A* unix book here that suggests makeing a 'dummy' printer that
filters your print job and pipes the out put to an lpr command that has -P set
to the value of the *real* print queue. Here is an example of the filter

   #!/bin/bash
   {
   # Note that \033 is Esc in octal
      echo -ne \\033\&k2G
      cat
      echo -ne \\f
   } | lpr -Php-remote -h -l

*Assumeing* that this will work in digital unix I would like to have the
following.
   #!/bin/ksh
   {
      cat
   } | lpr -P vms_print -o 9

So here comes the question; will this work in digital unix? what doese my
printcap entry need to look like for the *filtered* fake print that pipes it's
out put to the *real* remote printer?

Thank you for your time.

--
H. Blakely Williford            | Men never do evil so completely & cheerfully
Systems Programer/Administrator | as when they do it with religious conviction.