STDC Assertion Failure

From: Ben Rusiecki <Ben_at_psds.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 12:37:17 -0700

To all:

I'm running a PC164LX, a Powerstorm 4D40T, 128 Megs of RAM, and UNIX
4.0D. I loaded the Open3D 4.8 kit for the 4D40T but 4.0D didn't seem to
like it. So I reverted back to Open3D 4.5 and still didn't have any
luck. Finally, I loaded Open3D 4.6 and 4.0D seemed to really like that
version. Unfortunately, after recompiling the kernel and rebooting, I
saw a message in the console log that I'm not familiar with. The
message states:

STDC Assertion failed: "displayHostName && *displayHostName"
           File: ActionUtil.c
           Line: 386

Is this something that I should be worried about? Everything else with
the system seems to running just fine. I've just never seen this
message before. Any advice would be appreciated.

Ben
ben_at_psds.com