Users and Passwd using ORACLE

From: Unix Administrator <unixadmin_at_gmd.com.pe>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 19:14:56 -0500

Hi,
we are using DU4.0e and Oracle 7.3.3 in an Alpha 4100.
We installed the OS and Oracle with no problems.
When I use the User Admin Icon, the OS ask me to execute with root
permissions, but
I can not see anything. Then I use dxaccounts, and I see the following msg:
"The password and group files are currently locked by another user. Please
try
again later."
I shutdown the machine many times but the problem persist.
I remove passwd.dir y passwd.pag and rerun mkpasswd with no results.
I use "Adduser" with getting the same message and
"Error, exiting useradd /usr/sbin/adduser check /etc/passwd."
Any hints?
Thanks in advance
UA