Cpu performance issue..

From: harish arora <harisharora_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 12:09:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Managers !

We are running Enterprise production planning application on our
Alpha 4100 having 4gb Ram,2 cpus.When i seeing the system performance
by using "vmstat" it says 48% idle.

When i am monitoring system performance by using performance manager
and looking into "cpu states" in tabular format.Here it's showing
one cpu is 98% utilized and other cpu is just 3% to 4 % utiized.How
i can tune my server or application,so that it starts utilizing both
cpu's efficiently.

TIA !

Harish Arora
unix system administrator