NT to Unix conversion Followup...

From: Burch Seymour RTPS <bseymour_at_ns.encore.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 09:44:41 -0400 (EDT)

Hello all, more info, and a more specific question today.

I'm trying to switch a PICMG 21064A machine from NT to Tru64 Unix.

Problem is trying to get the proper BIOS going. Thanks to Alan Davis
who suggested that some boxes can only hold one BIOS at a time and
that's why I don't get the Console selection menu in the Advanced CMOS
setup dialog.

I poked around the Firmware CD ROM and found the file which describes
updating this board. Alan was correct. One version at a time.

Now the tricky part. The instructions are very good about telling
me how to UPDATE my SRM or AlphaBIOS revision, but so far I cannnot
see anything in there telling me how to switch to the other one.

I tried running the DMCC21064A_V2_0.EXE program from the CDROM
using the AlphaBIOS Utilities/Run Maint Program menu item. When I
do I get "Bad Image File Type"

This is interesting becauase when I try the auto update menu item
"AlphaBIOS Update", I also get that message "Bad Image File Type"
then it loads something else and works. Of course it doesn't bother
to clue me in on what it's doing.

Anyone have a clue how to load the other firmware into this box?

Thanks!

--
This message from,		Encore Real Time Computing, Inc.
Burch Seymour                   1700 NW 66th Ave. Suite 103