[Summary] what /usr/tcb/bin/dxchpwd does?

From: Oyanarte Portilho <portilho_at_fis.unb.br>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 18:34:02 -0300

Hi Gurus,

Thanks to

Bruce B. Platt
Jim Fitzmaurice
Andy Johnson
claudia burg
Terry Cozard

I consulted man in a box running DU 3.2 but it is not available.
Later I figured out I could have accessed it in the other boxes
running more recent DU versions. Anyway, Bruce was kind enough
to send me a copy of man dxchpwd. In short, it is a graphical
interface to change passwords. Presumably, it is the window that
opens when one has his/her password expired and the system offers
the chance to change it.

Therefore our hacker was using that interface to change passwords
in remote systems. Fortunately his activities were detected. Of
course our passwords are not safe either. The case is being dealt
with the due care.

Thanks to all,

        Oyanarte Portilho
        Institute of Physics