ADVFS clone and NFS?

From: Edwin R Wolfe Jr. <ewolfe_at_umich.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 14:34:36 -0400 (EDT)

Does anyone know if we can make a clone of an ADVFS filesystem, but put it
on an NFS mounted device (assuming that host's exports file allows root
access)?

We currently have a machine that NFS exports users home directories to our
other DU hosts. The disk is in a dual external scsi box, ftype=ufs. We'd
like to make an ADVFS partition on an internal disk on a newer machine and
do a vdump/vrestore of the home directories to the new ADVFS domain, then
NFS export home directories from there. Then we'd like to make the old
disk an ADVFS clone of the new (crontab each night) without moving it to
the newer machine. The reason to not move it is that it is an older scsi
device and we've been told that it would cause any new "fast scsi" devices
we externally attached to the new machine to lose their "fast scsi"
capabilities.