SUMMARY: ORACLE/UNIX filename

From: Angel R. Deras <angel.deras_at_citicorp.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 07:57:37 -0400

Hi All,

For those interested:

Original problem:

Oracle filename with non-printable char.
Backup script could not back up file because it used only the
alphanumeric chars (stripping the bad char in the filename).
OS returned "file not found" when script tried to back it up
or when one did an "ls" command.

Solution:

I solved the problem by doing an "od -c ." command inside the
dir where the filename exists. That showed the non-printable
char (which was a space and which I had tried already; but had
had another error in the SQL, making me think that the filename
was wrong).

Once "od -c ." showed the non-printable char, Server Manager
did return the filename from dba_data_files.

Thanks to all