SUMMARY: Advanced Server and NIS

From: Alan Angulo <alan_at_esu.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 10:36:35 -0400 (EDT)

I got two replies. Thanks to Joe Fletcher and Gordon Lawson

Initial question:

> PROBLEM
> -------
> When a new account is created via ASDU with "net user newacct /add",
> only the /etc/password file gets updated but not the NIS password.
>
> QUESTION:
> ---------
> Is there anyway to tell ASDU to update the NIS database?

Joe Fletcher stated that "The NIS maps have to be updated manually." and
to check section 3.1.2 in the ASDU docs.

Gordon Lawson suggested to check edauth.

-- Alan Angulo

Systems Administrator
Academic Computing
East Stroudsburg University