ALphaServer 1000 4/200 Video problems

From: Alpha Admin <alpha_at_io.ajc.state.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 23:59:01 -0500 (CDT)

I'm a newbie to alpha installs, although I've been adminning a couple for
some time now.

I just picked up an AS1000 4/200 for a song and I'm trying to install DU
4.0d adn I'm having some odd problems with the video. I've installed the
"latest" firmware I could find (5.4).

The box came with NT Server installed but I didn't have alicense for it
and don't want to run NT so I changed the OS spec to OFS using the ECU.

Now during the boot process I this error:
*PCI device incorrectly decodes Type 1 config cycles
*bus 0, slot 12, may interfere with PCI bus 128

The device _at_ 0,12 is Digital 2T-PMPAA/Pixelworks (My 2MB video card).

Once I was able to get the normal install screen on the system head but no
more since. I'm currently installing via the serial console but I'd like
to have a headed Alpha.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to solutions?

Thanks.

 -- Al

Al Johnson
Alpha Admin