[S] DS20 + 4.0F ( + PK#1) + Oracle

From: Arrigo Triulzi <arrigo_at_albourne.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 20:14:42 +0100 (BST)

[long overdue summary]
The question was one of tuning a DS20 running 4.0F with PK1. In
particular the problem was that of some Oracle applications happily
running under 4.0D (which is no-no for DS20s) on a 2100 series box
which failed going out of stack space on the new box.
I raised the issue of dia (DIABASE290) and sys_check not running on
4.0F.

Replies from Alan Davis <Davis_at_tessco.com> and Alan Rollow
<alan_at_nabeth.cxo.dec.com> both confirmed that dia is no longer
supported (and hence sys_check) on 4.0F and that you are supposed to
use Compaq Analyse on the Layered Products CDs.

Concerning the Oracle problem the only reply came from John Warren at
CityCorp who suggested checking ulimits (sadly no luck).

Quick rant: it is a pity that after giving us sys_check which was
pretty neat we already have to junk it for something again
different... we had only just got used to dia over uerf!

Arrigo

--
Arrigo Triulzi <arrigo_at_albourne.com> - Peripatetic Wizard
Albourne Partners Ltd. - London, UK