From: Bruce B. Platt <bbp_at_comport.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 16:44:19 -0400

My question is at the bottom of this note

Thanks to:
"Li Zhao" <Li_Zhao_at_ismbc.com>
"Dr. Tom Blinn, 603-884-0646"
<tpb_at_doctor.zk3.dec.com>

Li suggested running salvage, Tom suggested running advscan. Neither
worked in reclaiming the data.
I believe the disk was bad, so we replaced it and vrestored.

Regards,

Original post:

On a system running V4.0d, PK3, we had a panic during the night.

The system rebooted, but wouldn't mount the file set in the advfs domains,
data_domain.

After running the advfs verify utility, we get the folllowing error:

"domain data_domain not activated - inconsistency detected"

But, no mention of what the inconsistency was.

There was no info regarding any disk problems in uerf.

Do any of you know how to recover from this? We have a backup of the data,
so we could
delete the domain, and re-create it, and vrestore the data. but if there is
some other way
around this problem, we'd appreciate it.

I'll summarize.

Thanks and regards

Bruce B. Platt, Ph.D.
Comport Consulting Corporation
78 Orchard Street, Ramsey, NJ 07446
Phone: 201-236-0505 Fax: 201-236-1335
bbp_at_comport.com, bruce_at_ bruce.platt_at_
OR, bruce_at_bbplatt.com