Volsave generates errors, yet saves information properly

From: Bruce B. Platt <bbp_at_comport.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 11:26:40 -0400

Lately I have been doing a lot of LSM and TruCluster work investigating how
to best change configurations on a
DUnix V4/0d with Patch Kit 3 TruCluster using ase disk services.

When I do a volsave on each machine in the cluster, I receive the following
messages from the /usr/lib/lsm/lib/voladm_lib.sh
procedure.

The script works in that it saves the LSM configuration appropriate for my
cluster, a mirrored set of / ,swap, /usr, and /var one machine, and a mirrored
/ ,swap, /usr, /var, secondary swap volume, and an LSM concatenated volume
on the other machine.

I thought it might be of interest to the community that the errors occur,
yet the script saves the information. I have verified that it saves it
correctly by the volrestore -i -g diskgroup command

root# volsave
/usr/sbin/volsave: /usr/lib/lsm/lib/voladm_lib.sh: line 745: unexpected EOF
while looking for matching ``'
/usr/sbin/volsave: /usr/lib/lsm/lib/voladm_lib.sh: line 760: syntax error:
unexpected end of file

The lines referenced are in the following routine:

# Used in disk.init.sh to get an estimate on the size
# of the new diskgroup being created.
get_diskgroup_params()

Regards,
Bruce B. Platt, Ph.D. Vice-President
Comport Consulting Corporation
78 Orchard Street
Ramsey, NJ 07446
Phone: 201-236-0505 Fax: 201-236-1335
bbp_at_comport.com, bruce.platt_at_comport.com, bruce_at_comport.com
OR, bruce_at_bbplatt.com