Compaq openings: Systems/Software Eng V/TRU64

From: Ray Osborne <rko_at_mail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 16:16:51 -0400

Hello I am a mail list manager for Unix related jobs and just got
these position in from Compaq. I thought they may be of interest
to this mail list. Even if you are not looking for work it is nice
to know what companies are doing nowdays.

NH-Nashua, Compaq openings: Systems/Software Eng V/TRU64,
F/T from your subscription at A1A
Join our new Unix Jobs Mail List at:
http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/a1a-OSjobs
"Tell a friend about our mail lists"

Compaq's TRU64 UNIX Software Division in Nashua, NH has
openings in our Sustaining Engineering Group.

Responsibilities: Don't worry about what might have been. Find
career satisfaction with the industry leader - Compaq! Our UNIX
Software Division is hiring now for a Systems/Software Engineer V
in our Nashua, NH site. We are looking for a sustaining engineer
to support Tru64 UNIX operating systems internals. Support one or
more of the following subsystems in the Tru64 UNIX operating
system: kernel executive, virtual memory, multiple processor
architectures including Alpha, memory channel, peripheral devices
and I/O bus architecture. Analyze and correct customer
reported defects on multiple versions of Tru64 UNIX Operating
System. Work closely with Compaq field & customer engineering
groups. Occasionally travel to customer sites. Occasional evening
and weekend on-call work in support of high priority problems.

Requirements: The successful candidate will have the following
qualifications: Very good C programming, analysis and problem
solving skills. Familiar with the internal structure and organization
of one or more UNIX operating system. Able to work well with
customers, field engineers and the Tru64 UNIX development groups. Ability to
interpret architectures a plus. Familiarity with bus architectures a
plus.

Education: BSCS or related technical discipline or equivalent work
experience. Experience with UNIX OS preferably Tru64 UNIX.
Successful completion of one or more OS Internals course and one
or more advanced C course is a plus.

Please respond thru this:
"mailto:rko22_at_earthlink.net?subject=NH-Compaq"

or

If you require some kind of US Visa sponsorship assistance
please respond here.
"mailto:rko22_at_earthlink.net?subject=Unix-Visa"

If you are an agency and want to present your candidates
please respond here.
"mailto:rko22_at_earthlink.net?subject=Unix-Agency"

> end of file

regards,

Ray Osborne
A1A CPI