Pathworks/ASDU Licence confusion

From: Wigg, David <David.Wigg_at_wang.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 15:08:01 +0200

Hello managers,
        We have a system running DU 3.2D and Pathworks for DEC OSF/1 AXP,
LAN Manager Version 2.2.0, Version 5.0F ECO2. We have upgraded to DU 4.0D
and Advanced Serever V4.0 ECO2 for Digital Unix. We have a licence for the
PAthworks product, PWXXWNTAT04.01, which I thought was an unlimited user
licence. On the Pathworks system we often had 6 or 7 users connected.

On the new system (where ASDU has a complimentary 2 user licence) we can
only connect 2 users at a time. (correctly). I have installed the Pathworks
licence, expecting it to resolve the problem and allow more users to
connect. However, we still can't get more than 2 users on. When I list the
licence details with lmf, both the new and old systems show that the
pathworks licence is a 2 user licence.

Now I find this confusing, as we *did* have more than 2 users on the old
system. ANyone know what's going on? Was there a bug in the old Pathworks
that allowed more users to logon woth the same username or something? We are
quite happy to pay for the correct number of licences obviously, but I can't
find the original docco from 1996 when we bought the pathworks, and I am
*sure* it was meant to be unlimited, *and* we had more than 2 users on the
old system. Have I missed something glaringly obvious? ;-)

Any ideas anyone?