SV: ulimit question reformulated

From: Nicholas M Rose <nmr_at_dsb.dk>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 10:36:37 +0100

My original question was not formulated precisely enough - sorry it is the
first time I have tried this list.
I should have mentioned that I have already used ulimit to set and get the
limits (and I have added an appropriate ulimit line to
/etc/profile). The question is where do we inherit the default value for
"coredumpsize" - for example if I install another shell that doesn't read
from /etc/profile ?

Based on some answers I've received this question is evidently puzzling
other managers.

Curious in Denmark
--Nick Rose nmr_at_dsb.dk