Question regarding Netscape4.6+Java

From: Padiyath Sreekumar <Kumar.Padiyath_at_psi.ch>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 11:27:50 +0200

  Hi,
   Iam trying to use an application from Oracle in Netscape. This
application
   will run only with Netscape4.6 and higher. The application is using
Java
   SW. Iam running Tru64 V4.0D with Patch Level3. This application also
   requires all the Java Classes files. So I have defined the following
as environment variables: MOZILLA_HOME and CLASSPATH .
  I also put the following directories (/usr/include/java with default
path)
  The following SW is also installed on the machine:
OSFJAVA425 installed Java V1.1.4 Environment (General
Applications)
OSFJAVADEV425 installed Java V1.1.4 Development
Environment(Software Dev
elopment)
OSFJAVADOC425 installed Java V1.1.4 (Supplemental Documentation)

   When I start the application from Netscape V4.6 , I get the following
message:

   "reading java..." Then netscape window disappears with a core file.

   I would like to know

  1. How can I debug this core file to get the crash information?
  2. Is there any utility in general in Tru64 which I can use to watch
the process
      activities (like trace started from root in a separate window in
Linux)?

  3. Whether Netscape V4.6 already runs with Java on tru64 platform with
out
       problems?

  4. What additional Java programs I need (Iam new to Java) to run Java
application
       with netscape?

     I will very much appreciate if any one of you can help regarding
this problem.

       with best regards,
            Kumar

   Please send me the answers in the following address. I will put
summarise
   afterwards.

    kumar.padiyath_at_psi.ch