imapd..

From: <Eskil.Swahn_at_LDC.lu.se>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 17:55:54 +0100 (MET)

Hi!

I have been playing around with the IMAP server that is included in v5.0
but some things seem to be broke. It complains a lot about not being able
to read the mailbox list and sure enough the file /var/imap/mailboxes is
empty. I checked through the documentation and I think I got a grasp on
how the directory structure and such should work. However there must be an
"official" way to activate IMAP that fixes these things. I tried using
SysMan to fix it but I can't add any users (did this with mailauth
manually) since it gets an error when I try to enter the Administrators
password which most likely fails since it can't connect to the IMAP server
SINCE it can't read the mailbox list..

Anyone who has experienced this also and/or has the solution to this
loopback situation?

/Eskil

| |
| Eskil Swahn |
| LDC, Lund University |
| Email: Eskil.Swahn_at_LDC.lu.se Web: http://www.ldc.lu.se/ |
| Phone: +46 46 222 4986 Fax: +46 46 138225 |
| |