PIX firewall settings

From: Hergert, John \(PSC\) <"Hergert,>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 10:30:43 -0500

I apologize for bringing this up in this list, but I'm getting desperate trying to find an answer.

Our network guys recently replaced our old firewall, which ran Firewall1, with a new Cisco PIX firewall. In doing so they have cut off our ability to run any of the X based products that we have on our dec boxes on the other side of the firewall. We have out webservers out there and we still need to manage them from the PC's on our desks using Exceed. The only way we can connect to them is with telnet which is highly undesirable since we use all of the dx tools and xwindows to connect to our machines.

When I complain they tell me that they don't know how to fix it, or that PIX cant pass that kind of traffic. This I find hard to believe. Everything worked fine on the old firewall.

So, can anyone please help me explain to them what it is we need set to make all of this work again?

Thanks
John Hergert
Volkswagen of America