From: George Gallen <ggallen_at_slackinc.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 11:52:48 -0500

The final verdict on this is that it is the Advanced Power Management
feature
of the PC which is causing the problem. Apparantly when the PC goes into
sleep mode, the NIC doesn't have the power to maintain the network
connection
and well....unix waits until finally it drops it.

Thanks for the replys

George Gallen
ggallen_at_slackinc.com