ddr.dbase entry

From: Gary Beckett <gbeckett_at_myra.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 11:49:14 -0800

Hello out there. This is a shot in the dark but thought that I might
pose this question to the group.
I have have a
Alpha 1000a 5/400
Tru64 4.0f
patch kit 4
Data General Clariion disk array with multiple 1.2GB disks

The Question:
The Data General array has multiple 1.2GB disks in it. The system is
running fine but I have noticed that "uerf" is reporting SCSI CAM
errors as well /var/adm/mesasges is reporting
DDR - Warning: Device has no "name" - for
Vendor ID: DGC Product ID: ______ Revision ID: 0827

According to the logs this has been going on for longer then I have been
on this site.
I believe the problem is stemming from the /etc/ddr.dbase file not
having the parameters for the disks in the Clariion array. The info on
the disks are as follows:
Vendor: DGC
Product: DT9401
revision: 0827

I have added this info to the /etc/ddr.dbase and run "ddr_config -c
ddr.dbase" and it runs with no complaints, but when I look at the
/var/adm/messages log again these messages (above) are reported again.
When I run "ddr_config -s disk DGC DT9401 0827" it does not report any
problems.
I have run "ddr_config -x <MACHINENAME>" and it reports that all disks
are in sync.
I must be missing something but just don't now what. Any comment are
very much appreciated. I will summarize the results for the list .
Thanks,

Gary Beckett
Myra Systems Corp.
gbeckett_at_myra.com