Triangulating Fibre-Channel

From: Smith, Steve <Steve.Smith_at_CommerzbankIB.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 10:08:44 +0000

Hi Everyone,

I'm thinking about running Fibre-channel between three sites, triangulating
between pairs of Compaq Sanswitch-16's. At each site, the storage would be
connected via HSG80 pairs, to ESA and/or EMA storage subsystems, with access
from Tru64 machines and probably VMS systems.

I haven't come across a lot in terms of topology for Fibre-channel fabrics,
like whether and how to do this. But neither have I read anything that says
we can't.

I'm concerned with how the devices will appear to each Tru64 system - will
there be problems due to a looping affect round the various paths?

Has anyone attempted to do such a thing, or know where I can get hold of
enough information to set this up, or not, as the case may be?

It would be useful to get some insight before setting up a testbed.

Thanks,

Steve Smith
Tel +44 20 7653 7398
Fax +44 20 7984 0311

This communication is confidential and is intended only for
the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not that person you
are not permitted to make use of the information and you are requested
to notify <mailto:LONIB.Postmaster_at_commerzbankib.com> immediately that
you have received it and then destroy the copy in your possession.
Commerzbank AG is regulated by the SFA for the conduct of investment
business in the UK.