Addendum to Crash and Su login

From: <yogesh_at_mips.biochem.mpg.de>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 11:14:27 +0100 (CET)

HI all,
        I found one more problem ...
the system is unable to tell me who the user is ...
whoami responds with
"whoami: cannot find username for UID 501|"
Though the UID is correct.

ypcat is able to give me all the resources .

still waiting for pointers ...

Thanx ain advance
yogesh

Hi all,
         My ES 40 running 4.0F crashed and after the reboot , It
 does not allow me to Su in .
  The crash was due to to many mysql connects and system just ranout of memory
 The last time it had happened I was able to restore the system to
 its full sanity ( though it required a reboot).

 My system uses base security and is on NIS .

 I have checked in /etc/svc.conf and with authck and they say all is fine.

 ANy pointers ???