[SUMMARY] trying to make my disk bootable for a restore

From: Rodney Simioni <rodney.simioni_at_citrix.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 12:20:04 -0400

I would like to thank the following for their quick responses and advice:
Lavelle, Bryan
LHERCAUD
Dr. Thomas.Blinn
Tyler Hall
John J. Francini
alan_at_nabeth
Izzy Ergas

All the above provided excellent advice however it was Izzy Ergas who caught
my mistake from my instructions and suggested his instructions for restoring
V4.0F. Below are the steps he suggested which allowed me to restore the
server.

disklabel -z rz0
disklabel -Rr -t advfs rz0 <label file> <device name> (which was BD018122)
mkfdmn -t /dev/rz0a root_domain
mkfset root_domain root
mount -t advfs root_domain#root /mnt
vrestore -xvf dumpfile /mnt
unmounted the file system
sync (twice)
halt
Then I booted in single user mode: boot -fl s and repeated the above
procedure for the usr_domain.

Again, thanks for the responses.

Rodney