SUMMARY: V5.1 and swap space being used up

From: Mark Schubert \(COGITA Adelaide\) <"Mark>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 15:41:36 +1200

Thanks to Dr. Tom and Paul for their responses.

The answer (simple enough) was to examine the VSZ (virtual size) and RSS
(resident size) of all processes on the system to see who had the biggest
chunk and who was gradually increasing their usage over time.

This was achieved with the command "ps axv". This command also showed %MEM
which is useful too.

The culprit was then easily identified as being the Compaq Command Console
Agent. SWCC RA200 Agent version V2.2-503

This has since been disabled until a solution is provided by Compaq.

Thanks.