Alpha out the window - can't find OSF_BOOT

From: Mike Whorley <Mike.Whorley_at_coda.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 14:35:59 +0100

People,

I have a very flakey Alpha 1000A that has over recent months given me loads
of bad block issues. Alas today it seems to have given up the ghost when I
rebooted after changing kernel parameters it fell over saying :-
'Can't find OSF_BOOT'

I presume this points at corruption on the root partition.

The machine is not on maintenance and was running TU5.1.

Is there anything worth trying here apart from booting from O/S CD and
fsck'g the / partition?

Regards,
Mike.