post-PK5 X woes

From: <Bill.Melvin_at_esc.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 16:34:28 -0400

Hi all ...

installed PK5 on a 4.0F/4100 machine abt a week ago
and just restarted X today. We have a Trio64 video
adapter (vmunix: trio0: S3 Trio64 (SVGA) Plug-N-Play, 1.0 Mb).

dtlogin has some trouble displaying the text of the
typed login name (weird black barcode-type overlay)
and there is no cursor when we do get logged in. The
mouse works fine (clicking on the workspace gives a
menu) as does the keyboard. All this is on the console.

Anyway, I am going to look over the patch list again
for potential graphics adapter conflicts but has anyone
seem this with PK5 and what was your solution?

Will summarize ...

tia,

/b