Tru64 5.1 and ftp/nfs problem

From: Mark Van Overbeke <markvo_at_mrs.umn.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 11:14:39 -0500

I just got a new DS20E and I am having problems ftping a (rather large)
file from another machine to this one. I can get about 200 MB of the file
copied before the transfer just seems to up and quit. The file is about
2.9 GB. It seems to have a brief stop at about 170 MB and then goes again
to about 201 MB and then just hangs there. I no longer see the heavy
network traffic on the other system that I did when it was copying the
file. After a while the ftp process will timeout and die. The NFS copy is
currently hung and I think I will need to reboot to clear this. I have not
found anything like this in the archives yet. Anyone have any ideas
here? I am still running the stock ftpd in the new system.

     Mark

--
Mark Van Overbeke                   Systems Administrator
Computing Services