Tru64 NIS server <-> Solaris NIS client

From: Xavier Mertens <xavier_at_be.wanadoo.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 14:00:03 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I've a Tru64 server running a NIS master server.
I've a Solaris8 client configured. NIS communication is ok

'ypcat passwd' gives the right results etc...

Problem: Solaris is looking to a shadow database and Tru64 has a prpasswd
database!

Any idea? (I don't want to have password stored in the passwd file)

Xavier Mertens      &Wanadoo Belgium  "Contrary to popular belief, Unix is
NOC Manager         a subsidiary of   userfriendly. It just happens to be
XM1-6BONE XM3-RIPE  France Telecom    selective about who it makes friends with"