From: Smith, Mike R. <smithmr_at_bowater.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 11:32:58 -0400

Late summary, major systems stuff going on.

Nick Hill pointed me in the right direction by telling me that the
reverse lookup was failing to resolve on the NFS server side. I
discovered that the name of my box had been changed during the add of
the new bind resolver. My solution was to check all the files it said
it updated and change the hostname back to what it was.

The updated files were
/etc/hosts
/etc/rc.config
/etc/resolv.conf
/etc/svc.conf

The other thing I found is that instead of the gui, I could have run
bindsetup and configured my system as a client. The next time I did it
this way and I answered no when it asked me about changing the hostname.
It answered "Ok, I won't change it yet" I checked the above files and
sure enough, the changes were in the files so I had to edit them again.

Orignial Question below

I attempted to change the dns server in bind on my tru64 4.0d
development box by going into the sysadmin gui and then into the bind
gui. I added the new one and then deleted the old one. I went into
/etc/hosts and changed it in there also. I rebooted the machine and now
I am having a problem during the boot when it tries to mount the nfs
shares. On the very first one I get the something along the following
lines:

Bad mnt RPC - nodename text text text - RPC authentication error
why = Invalid client credential

this just continues over and over on the same mount unless I hit a
ctrl/c. Any ideas as to what may have messed up or what I did wrong in
making this change. I did not see these steps documented anywhere, I
just thought I would try it.