DEFPA-UC and Intell Switch

From: Timothy Baird <bairdtimothy_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 14:34:16 -0400

I am at a client site and am running into a problem with their FDDI Card.
The system is a DS20-E on 4.OG with all patches. The Switch is a Intel
Netstructure 480T Routing Switch. THe FDDI card is a DEFPA-UC , the UTP SAS
Adapter for Cat5 UTP.

The system sees the card just fine. The card does not see the switch. I
connect to the switch and the card gives me a blinking light, which
according to the book means no cable attached. The switch shows no
connection. The network cable is 5 feet long. The port on the switch works
fine with a PC.

Compaq came out and replaced the card and verified the card with a loop
back. Any ideas? This is my first dealings with FDDI and I am lost. Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

          />
         // Tim Baird - bairdtimothy_at_hotmail.com
         \\
          \>