From: Kevin Jones <Kevin.Jones_at_compelsolve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 18:15:04 +0100

Again apologies for the delay in summarising....

We have at last fixed this problem !! It turned out to be a typo error in
our /etc/inet.local file, so that in fact the lan_config command was never
actually running oops !!!!

Most responses thought it was related to the setting (or not) of the network
card into full duplex mode as it proved to be.

Many thanks to Compaq support for giving us the

hwmgr -get attr -cat network

command. This actually enabled us to see that to our surprise, the cards
were running half duplex even though we thought we had set them to full.
The network is now running like a dream !!

Thanks to all for the assistance.

Regards

Kevin Jones