SUMMARY: ES40 loops in reboot

From: Kevin Dea <kdea_at_alpine-la.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 10:49:05 -0700

Hello Managers,

Sorry about the late summary. The problem has just been resolved and I
was too busy working on it to post this report. First I'd like to thank
Stan Horwitz, Udo De Boer, Dr Blinn, and Alan_at_nabeth, also Compaq
Support engineers Fred Mendez and Ronald McClane.

Both Dr Blinn and Alan were correct. I had essentially two problems,
bad hardware (possibly CPU) which ended up trashing the AdvFS root file
system. I ended up rebuilding the AdvFs domains on the first disk, and
restored data on to it. The machine is actually running better than it
was before the filesystem was damaged. Hopefully, there isn't any
hardware problems after all.

Kevin

--
Kevin Dea